The Maritime Cyber Emergency Response Team (MCERT)
The Maritime Cyber Emergency Response Team (MCERT) is an innovative and collaborative service that forms part of the International Maritime Cyber Security Centre of Excellence. The focus is to develop Cyber Security resilience within the Maritime sector by increasing awareness and taking proactive action, to prevent as well as address Cyber incidents.
The MCERT provides global real time assistance to members on Cyber attacks and incidents, privileged intelligence feeds, advice and support and a Cyber Security Reporting Portal (CSRP).
If you would like more information on becoming an MCERT member or joining the MCERT Advisory Board, please contact MCERT via telephone: +44 8006 894 523 or email: [email protected]
Register & Join
The MCERT’s goal is enhancing Cyber resilience within the entire Maritime sector.
Annual MCERT membership is an annual subscription based on the number of licences required by members (one licence per vessel).
What are the benefits?
- Timely notification and authoritative information from national and commercial sources specifically for the protection of critical systems and assets;
- 24-7 access to the global MCERT Operations Centre;
- Topical conference calls / SME discussion forums;
- Expert advice on:
- The latest Cyber Threats;
- Corporate response to Cyber incidents;
- Crisis management;
- Access to CSRP, forums and Threat Map;
- Access to the Supplier Framework.
MCERT Advisory Board
The MCERT Advisory Board comprises of key stakeholders from the Maritime community who wish to support and drive forward the sector’s Cyber Security agenda. The MCERT Advisory Board will include members of Maritime organisations representing:
- Shipping - Tankers, Dry Cargo and Containers;
- Oil and Gas;
- Cruise Ships;
- Certification/Regulatory associations.
What are the benefits?
- Demonstrate leadership in driving forward sector Cyber resilience agenda;
- Membership of the MCERT Advisory Board for 3 years - POA;
- Monthly sector intelligence reports;
- Discounted attendance on courses run by the Templar Cyber Academy for Maritime (T-CAM);
- Preferential secondment of employees to the MCERT.
*The MCERT will be operating at Initial Operating Capability (IOC) from 1st September 2018; from 30th September 2019 the MCERT will be operating at Full Operating Capability (FOC).